An immense amount of thermal energy is stored in the earth’s crust in Finland (geothermal energy potential in GTK’s map services). The heat in the geoenergy deposit could replace Finland’s district heating for over 20,000–25,000 years. This energy can be used for regional and building-specific energy solutions.
Heat harvested from the crust’s surface layers using energy wells that reach 200–400 metres deep is generally called ground heat. Medium-deep geoenergy, also called geothermal heat, can be harvested with a different technique from energy wells that are even two kilometres deep. Due to the geological features of the earth’s crust, the amount and power of available geoenergy varies greatly around Finland, even within the different areas of a municipality or city.
With geological information and measurements, the source of geoenergy, i.e. the energy well field, can be measured and optimised for a specific building or a regional energy solution.
In accordance with our customer’s needs:
- Expert services and consulting in geoenergy
- Site-specific or regional measurement of the crust and thermogeological surveys, such as TRT measurements, temperature measurements and examining rock samples in a laboratory
- Planning and optimising the use of the geoenergy source, measurement of the energy well field
- Geoenergy training services, such as measurement of energy well fields
- Evaluation of the environmental effects of geoenergy, permits
- Evaluation of geoenergy’s potential in a specified area
- Monitoring and operating the use of an existing geoenergy solution, using the DTS method, for example
- You will gain information on the potential of the geoenergy source based on actual measurements and interpretations made by a thermogeological expert.
- You will be provided with a professional and unbiased plan and instructions on how to best harness the geoenergy.
- The lifecycle of the energy well field has been optimised based on geological information.
- You know about the regional differences of the utilisation of geoenergy regarding land use and building planning.
- You will receive specific measured information about the operation of the geoenergy system that helps you optimise your heat pump system.