Expert evaluation, user feedback, NVDA screen reader, Google Lighthouse and Siteimprove Accessibility were used in the accessibility assessment among other methods.
This accessibility statement describes the websites accessibility at the time on 23rd September 2020.
Level of accessibility
The accessibility of the websites has been tested to meet the WCAG 2.1 level AA criteria. For the most part, the websites conform to all the Success Criteria for levels A and AA.
Some of the online services and functions administered by the Geological Survey of Finland will not fulfil the accessibility requirements by the recommended deadline of 23 September 2020 without significant modifications and costs. This is why we will apply the exemption permitted by an unreasonable burden in accordance with Article 5 of the Web Accessibility Directive to the following issues:
- PDF etc. files released in Hakku Search service after 23 September 2018
- Supporting and complementary content exported from the previous version of the gtk.fi website, such as PDF files, statistics and annual reports.
The following content is not accessible, as it is not governed by the accessibility legislation:
- PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint files released before 23 September 2018
- Audio and video content released before 23 September 2020
- Live audio and video feeds
- Online maps and map services
- Content of any third parties
Feedback and contact details
We welcome feedback from the users of gtk.fi, and we are constantly working on improving the accessibility of our website. You can help us improve our service. If you find any deficiencies in accessibility on our website, please let us know via the contact form at: https://www.gtk.fi/yhteystiedot/yhteydenotto/
If you are not satisfied with the answer you receive or we do not respond to you within the following two weeks, you can file a complaint to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Please visit the Regional State Administrative Agency’s website for more information on how to file a complaint.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility supervision unit
phone +358 (0)295 016 000 (switchboard)