Structural surveys of groundwater areas
Structural surveys of groundwater areas provide information on the geological structure and hydrogeology of groundwater areas. The surveys are based on a rock surface model of the surveyed area, created by using data from gravity measurements and drill core samples.
GTK has conducted structural surveys for important groundwater and esker areas since the 1990s in cooperation with environmental centres, municipalities, cities and waterworks. The results are utilised in, for example, the protection of groundwater, increasing the efficiency of water supply, specifying new water supply sources, investigating the deterioration of groundwater, and as background material for land use planning.
The structural survey will enable you to use the natural resources of a groundwater area without exposing them to the risk of contamination.
- A rock surface model of the area, based on gravity measurements and drill core samples.
- Detailed studies of the structure and quality of soil and bedrock.
- You will gain information on the structure, volume and availability of groundwater areas.
- The service will enable you to assess the suitability of different land use methods on esker and groundwater areas.
- You will gain an insight into the risks involved with groundwater areas and information on suitable new locations for water intake.