The studies identify the structural characteristics and properties and the 3 D geometry of the bedrock in the target area, the stability of the bedrock and water flow in bedrock fractures.
The services are divided to two sub-areas. The scientific research conducted in the sub-areas is always based the specific needs of the customer and their target area. Verified research data assists in minimising uncertainties associated with the target area, and the material produced during the studies is useful both in project planning and external communications.
Structural geology studies
- Structural geology studies based on outcrop and tunnel surveys and remote sensing, producing a conceptual model
- Identifying the most significant outcrops and analysis on structural geology
- Analysing existing structural geology data
- Characterisation of the target area’s structural geology
- Collecting background information on the target area’s structural geology
- Surveys on the characteristics of cracking and faults and the factors affecting their formation
- Fault map
- Producing new structural geological data for further research (e.g. modelling)
Analysing structural geology and rock mechanics material
- Analysing existing and new structural geology and rock mechanics material
- Completing and validating the structural geology model or identifying and validating geological properties of the target area
- Verifying the structural controls of 3D models and minimising uncertainties
- Identifying the structural controls of the bedrock properties
- Characteristics of the bedrock fissure network
- Rock mechanical characteristics of the fissures
- Paleostress analysis
- 3D model validated with structural geology
- Assessment on the stability of structures for risk analysis
- Planning for the study in cooperation with our customer
- Collecting existing data and producing new information
- Coordinating and conducting the studies
- Analysis and interpretation
- Information management and reporting for the study Reporting includes all models and characterization required by the study
- You will gain a systematic structural geology analysis and all necessary geological models.
- GTK’s extensive scientific expertise supports high-quality research.