In the studies, unstable areas and types of bedrock are identified and an assessment on bedrock fragmentation and its risks is made based on geology and geophysics.
The material is delivered in a format compatible with our customer’s systems. The report comprises a written summary, digital models on the area and observation data.
- Planning for the study
- Collecting existing material and interpretations on it
- Field study including bedrock lithology, ductility and brittleness studies based on geophysical measurements, 3D photogrammetry and drone images, for example
- Analyses and interpretations of the data (structural and engineering geology)
- Geological descriptions and risk assessments for rock caverns and rock cutting
- Studies on the suitability of bedrock resources based on structural geology interpretations
- Reporting on the results and models: bedrock constructability model, weakness zone model, bedrock block structure and brittleness of bedrock
- You will gain information on your target area’s properties, avoid unpleasant surprises, and be provided with sufficient information for planning and design.
- You will gain an understanding of the geological risk factors associated with the safety of transport infrastructure and the rock caverns on your target area. The collected data and the model built from it are reported in an easy-to-use format agreed on with you in advance.
- Reduced costs in the long-term.