Baseline studies and assessments of the present state of the environment help determine a reliable reference level. Any pre-existing sources of environmental load are also identified during the surveys.
A baseline study and an assessment of the present state of the environment also produce valuable information for your organisation. They provide information on the environmental impact of the planned operation and help in identifying issues and areas of responsibility on which focus is needed.
- We identify our customer’s needs, survey the area to be assessed and go through the background material.
- We draft a plan for the assessment.
- We assess the state of the environment before your company’s operations in the area start. Alternatively, we can assess the environmental impact during ongoing operations. In both cases, our studies are based on both existing material and collecting new samples.
- After the studies are completed, we provide you with a report comprising a baseline report, an assessment of the current state of the area and an assessment of the environmental impact of your operation. The report also includes all data on measurements taken, analysis results and suggestions for how to fix any issues identified.
- You gain an insight into the environmental effects of your operation and their related responsibilities.
- The research data is necessary for EIA procedures and applying for permits, as it will provide you with information for determining acceptable levels of emissions, planning measures for reducing environmental load, determining a reference level to monitor environmental load and identifying existing sources of environmental load.